Janney announced the opening of a new branch office in Battle Creek, Michigan and welcomed a local team that has served the Battle Creek community for a combined 110 years. Battle Creek is Janney’s first branch office in Michigan.
PHILADELPHIA, PA – Janney Montgomery Scott LLC (“Janney”), a leading full-service wealth management, financial services, and investment banking
firm headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, announced the opening of a new branch office in Battle Creek, Michigan and welcomed a local team that has served the Battle Creek community for a combined 110 years. Battle Creek is Janney’s first branch office
Joining Janney’s new Battle Creek office is The Buikema, Oursler, Morse Financial Team, a group of seasoned Financial Advisors entrusted with nearly $200 million is client assets. The team, led by Matthew Buikema, Michael Oursler, and Travis Morse, was formerly affiliated with Raymond James. Accompanying the Financial Advisors are Renee Giles, and Angela Kenney, also formerly associated with Raymond James.
“We are very proud to open our first office in Michigan, especially with such a well-respected and experienced group like The Buikema, Oursler, Morse Financial Team,” said Jerry Lombard, President, Private Client Group at Janney. “This is an important day for Janney, as our expansion into Michigan reflects Janney’s continued commitment to further growth in this region and growing appeal to talented advisor teams. We are grateful that a group with such deep ties to the Battle Creek community has chosen Janney as their destination firm.”
Team members include:
- Matthew Buikema, Senior Vice President/Investments, Branch Manager – Matt has over 35 years of experience as a financial services professional, with areas of expertise in investment management and insurance planning. He has been active in the Battle Creek community for many years, having served on the boards of the Binder Park Zoo, the Battle Creek Family YMCA Center, the Battle Creek Bible Church, and the Battle Creek Country Club. He earned a bachelor’s degree in education from Central Michigan University.
- Mike Oursler, Senior Vice President/Investments, Assistant Branch Manager – Mike has more than 20 years of experience as a financial services professional. His areas of expertise include estate planning, retirement planning, insurance planning, and asset management. He earned a bachelor’s degree in economics and management from Albion College.
- Travis Morse, Associate Vice President/Investments, Assistant Branch Manager – Travis has nearly 15 years of experience as a financial services professional with expertise in retirement income planning, investment management and estate planning. He’s served on the boards of the Battle Creek Chapter of American Business Clubs (AMBUCS), the ambassadors’ committee member of the Battle Creek Area Chamber of Commerce, and takes part in many other service and charitable organizations. He graduated from Western Michigan University with a degree in business management and economics.
- Renee Giles, Senior Registered Private Client Associate – Renee has been in the financial services industry for over 25 years. She attended Davenport College, where she received an Associate's Degree, with honors, in business.
- Angela Kenney, Private Client Associate – Angela has over 10 years of experience in the financial services industry and is an active volunteer with Gull Lake Youth Sports.
“We decided to make the move to Janney because it proved to be the firm that aligned best with our needs and the needs of our clients,” said Matthew Buikema, Senior Vice President/Investments and Branch Manager. “We take pride in serving the people and organizations across Battle Creek. I’m proud to be joining a firm that’s committed to providing my team with technology and tools that will enhance the way we serve our clients.”
The Battle Creek branch is Janney’s second new location in 2018, having previously opened a new location in Columbus, OH in January.
Janney’s Battle Creek, MI is located at 3494 Capital Avenue SW, Battle Creek, MI 49015.
Janney provides advice to individual, corporate, and institutional clients. Our expertise includes guidance about asset management, corporate and public finance, equity and fixed income investing, equity research, institutional equity and fixed income sales and trading, investment strategy, financial planning, mergers and acquisitions, public and private capital raising, portfolio management, retirement and income planning, and wealth management. Janney is an independently-operated subsidiary of The Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company and is a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), and Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC). Additional company information is available at www.janney.com.
Contact us for more information
Corporate NewsRead more