Janney welcomes the team's highly personalized approach to help clients achieve their goals.
PHILADELPHIA –Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, a leading full-service wealth management, financial services, and investment banking firm, has announced the addition of Chornyak & Associates, an eight-person wealth management firm based in Columbus, Ohio. The team manages more than $1.4 billion in client assets and joins Janney from Commonwealth Financial Network.
Chornyak & Associates is led by Financial Advisors and Certified Financial Planners™ Joseph Chornyak, Sr., Robert Mauk, and Joseph Chornyak, Jr. They are joined by Teresa Frazier, Carol Staton, Cory Frazier, Joyce Zinader, and Jodie Creagan. The team has worked together for more than three decades and brings over 100 years of combined industry experience.
“We’re thrilled to welcome Chornyak & Associates. The team is dedicated to putting their clients first with a highly personalized approach to help clients achieve their goals,” said Jerry Lombard, President of Janney’s Private Client Group. “Our full-service platform offers comprehensive resources within a boutique atmosphere that provides the team with the autonomy to run their practice as they desire and the flexibility to support their clients in a scalable manner.”
“The decision to join Janney was based around our shared values that emphasize an unwavering commitment to the long-term goals of the client,” said Joseph Chornyak, Sr. “Janney offers a full spectrum of industry-leading technology, resources, and support that enables our team to focus on what we do best¬ – the needs of our clients. The firm’s long history of stability and a culture that supports an entrepreneurially-minded approach allows us to grow our business into the future.”
About Chornyak & Associates:
- Joseph Chornyak, Sr., Financial Advisor. With more than 40 years of experience in the financial planning field, Joe is the managing partner of the firm. His financial advisory philosophy is based upon broad investment diversification and conservative risk taking. Over the past five years, Joe has been named among the nation's top investment advisors by Barron's, a Best-In-State Wealth Advisor by Forbes, and one of the top 400 financial advisors by the Financial Times. Joe is also the author of the book, “The Wealth Maze: Secrets for Navigating the Labyrinth of Life.” He attended the Ohio State University and has received the Certified Financial Planner™ professional certification
- Robert Mauk, Financial Advisor. Bob’s career in financial planning spans more than 35 years. At Chornyak & Associates, he provides a wide range of advice, including portfolio management and estate planning. He holds the Certified Financial Planner™ designation. Bob has been named one of the top 400 financial advisors by the Financial Times. He is a graduate of the Ohio State University with a degree in business, majoring in finance.
- Joseph Chornyak, Jr., Financial Advisor. Joe has been with Chornyak & Associates since 1993. In addition to being a financial advisor, he manages internal operations and marketing for the team. He holds the Certified Financial Planner™ designation. Joe has been named one of the top 400 financial advisors by the Financial Times. He is a graduate of the University of Dayton with a degree in economics and a minor in finance.
- Teresa Frazier, Account Executive. With more than 28 years of experience as an administrative specialist, Teresa joined the Chornyak & Associates team in September 2014 as a Senior Administrative Associate. She oversees the Private Client Associates and handles complex financial transactions for new and existing clients.
- Carol Staton, Account Executive. Carol brings more than 25 years of experience in the financial planning industry to the Chornyak & Associates team. She prepares financial planning and update reports for review meetings with existing clients. Carol also coordinates insurance activities for clients. She has an MBA from the University of Dayton, and a degree in accounting and finance from Miami University of Ohio.
- Cory Frazier, Private Client Associate. Cory assists the administrative staff with day-to-day operations administering new accounts, processing financial transactions for new and existing clients, and working closely with the advisors and clients.
He holds an Associate of Architecture degree from Columbus State Community College.
• Joyce Zinader, Private Client Associate. Joyce provides administrative support to clients, advisors, staff, and vendors. She is involved with administering new accounts, processing financial transactions, and working closely with the advisors and clients. Joyce holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from the University of Akron.
- Jodie Creagan, Private Client Associate. Jodie has supported numerous executive leaders throughout her career. She performs front-desk responsibilities at Chornyak & Associates that include greeting clients in person and on the phone as well as coordinating meetings and luncheons. She assists with maintaining the client database as well as monitoring advisor calendars and scheduling client meetings.
About Janney Montgomery Scott LLC
Janney provides advice to individual, corporate, and institutional clients. Our expertise includes guidance about asset management, corporate and public finance, equity and fixed income investing, equity research, institutional equity and fixed income sales and trading, investment strategy, financial planning, mergers and acquisitions, public and private capital raising, portfolio management, retirement and income planning, and wealth management. Janney is an independently-operated subsidiary of The Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company and is a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, the New York Stock Exchange, and Securities Investor Protection Corporation. Additional company information is available at www.janney.com.