Simply follow the steps below:
- Log into your account at www.myjanney.com
- Click “Check Deposit” on the menu.
- Under “Deposit a check”, enter the dollar amount of the check you want to deposit. The maximum amount of deposit is $250,000.
- Be sure to endorse the check and make sure all checks are payable to Janney Montgomery Scott.
- Then, select a Janney account to deposit the check*.
- To take a photo of the check using your mobile device, place the check on a contrasting background in a well-lit area. Use the assistive guides in the mobile application to ensure all four corners of the check are captured in the image. Hold the device steady and allow the camera to auto-focus on the check image. Then take a photo of the front and back of the check.
- Review the information and then select “Deposit.” You’ll receive an email when it is complete.
Deposits will be available the next day (if deposited before 5 PM ET), or the second business day (if deposited after 5 PM ET). We advise you store your checks after deposit in a secure location until you confirm that the deposit is successfully credited to your brokerage account. To learn more, visit the Mobile Check Deposit page on our website or contact your Financial Advisor.
* Janney does not accept money orders via mobile check deposit, or for the deposit at the branch associated with the account.
Disclosure: Mobile Check Deposits are subject to verification and are not available for immediate withdrawal. Message and data rates may apply. By using Mobile Check Deposit feature, you agree to use Mobile Check Deposit for lawful purposes and in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You warrant that you will only transmit acceptable items for deposit. Janney does not accept money orders via Mobile Check Deposit, or for deposit at the branch associated with the account. Mobile Check Deposit is only available for non-IRA accounts at this time.