Janney’s Public Finance Group works with state and local governments and government agencies to finance projects through the municipal bond market. Since 2010, we have acted as a senior or co-manager on more than 3,500 tax-exempt and taxable municipal offerings, raising over $270 billion in fixed and variable-rate bonds and notes for issuers throughout the entire US.
In addition to highly qualified and experienced public finance bankers, issuer clients gain access to our municipal research, sales, trading, and underwriting services, as well as our large Private Client Group. We provide tailored advice, personalized service, competitive pricing backed by an extensive distribution capability, a willingness to commit capital, and superior deal execution.
Janney’s Public Finance Group specializes in a wide range of finance sectors, including:
- K-12 Education: Public and private school districts, secondary schools, charter schools, and technical school districts
- Local Government: Boroughs, cities, counties, towns, townships, and associated agencies and authorities
- Major Government: Large cities and counties, state governments and associated agencies, and authorities
- Transportation: Toll roads, bridges and tunnels, airports, port authorities, parking facilities, mass transit, and DOTs
- Utilities: Municipal-owned water and wastewater systems, water and wastewater authorities, state revolving funds, municipal gas utilities, public power, and solid waste
- Higher Education: Public and private colleges and universities, community and technical colleges
- Healthcare/501(c)3: Continuing care retirement communities, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, long-term care, acute care, specialty care, academic medical centers, and cultural and social service nonprofits
- Housing: State and local housing finance agencies including single and multi-family units
- Financing Districts: Redevelopment financing including commercial, nonprofit, institutional, and mixed use
- Green Initiatives: Energy savings contracts, renewable energy, sustainable neighborhood bonds, clean water and sewer initiatives
- Student Loans: FFELP and private (alternative) student loans
- Project Finance
Janney’s Public Finance Group works closely with our Competitive Underwriting and Municipal Strategy teams to provide additional value to clients.